We are happy to announce that we launched Cloud 66 on the GitHub Marketplace. Our presence on GitHub Marketplace allows developers to deploy their code directly from their repository to their own servers on any cloud in minutes.
Why did we launch Cloud 66 GitHub Marketplace?
Our mission is to make developers more productive, and by launching Cloud 66 deployment tools with GitHub Marketplace we allow developers to customize and improve their workflow. While GitHub supports developers with version control and accessibility of their code, Cloud 66 helps them deploy and manage their applications on any cloud provider at all stages of development. This gives developers more time to work on what their business really needs, while we will take care of the infrastructure and DevOps.
GitHub has one of the fastest-growing developer communities, and being present in the marketplace enables developers to discover our deployment tools through all development stages in one single place. We wanted to go one step further and decided to strengthen our collaboration with GitHub by joining GitHub Technology Partner Program.
Getting Started with Cloud 66 on GitHub Marketplace
Over the last couple of months, we have been working in close collaboration with the GitHub team to integrate Cloud 66 service with GitHub Marketplace via GitHub Apps.
To get started head to Cloud 66 page on GitHub Marketplace and click on the "Install it for free" button.
First, connect your Git repository. We will analyze your code and automatically suggest the best configuration for you.
Next, connect your cloud provider or server. We are natively integrated with AWS, DigitalOcean, Hetzner, Linode, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Vultr, OVH cloud, and Maxihost. Or bring your own server via the Registered Servers feature and we'll provision it for you.
Lastly, hit the 'Deploy' button, and we'll take care of the entire process for you. While we deploy, you can watch the logs, or come back later (we will email you when the process is complete).
Once your application is deployed you can take the advantage of our other features to enhance your application.
Cloud 66 Features
Whether you want to deploy your Rails application, static (JAMstack) application, or any app with a Dockerfile you can benefit from the following features:
- Provisioning — builds your infrastructure straight from your code.
- Deployment — supports rolling, parallel, blue/green, and canary deployment strategies and full deployment history with easy rollbacks.
- Databases - supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, Memcached & RabbitMQ deployment, backups, and replication on your own servers.
- Security — provides simple firewall management, stress-free DDoS protection, and powerful account security tools.
- Scaling — cloud load balancing, worker process management, and horizontal scaling on any cloud.
- Teams — unlimited team members at no extra cost, with fine-grained control over permissions and roles. Multi-organization support.
Using GitHub and Cloud 66 together allows seamless integration that takes care of your stack from code to production. To learn more about Cloud 66 products head to our help page with quick Getting Started guides on Rails, Containers, or Static Pages.