We are excited to announce the launch of Cloud 66 Maestro on Product Hunt.
Maestro Overview: What is it?
Maestro is a Kubernetes-backed PaaS that can be deployed on any cloud or on your own server. Maestro builds and manages Kubernetes clusters on your behalf.
What problem does it solve?
We built Maestro to support developers all the way from getting started with containers to deploying and maintaining their entire application stack in production, allowing developers to focus on new features and improvements to their application.
Maestro is designed to build and manage Kubernetes clusters for you. It supports you with a wide range of PaaS tools and gives you full control of your infrastructure. You can access your code at any time. It is your application.
How do developers benefit from using Maestro?
Cloud 66 for Maestro offers a number of benefits for developers who work for small and medium businesses or who are freelancers, such us:
- Reduce your cloud bills by 40% to 60%. By sharing resources or servers between the applications you can be more efficient, e.g. you can choose fewer but larger cloud servers and deploy many small applications to them, without worried about the cost of new services adding up.
- Speed your deployments - build once, deploy many times. While building the cluster might take 10/ 20 minutes, when you have the pre-build cluster you can deploy your application directly to it and save 80% to 90% of that time.
- Support for multi-cloud and multi-data center resilience with FailoverGroups.
- Full control and no vendor lock-in. Since you own the source code of your application and the servers, you have full control of your application. You can access the code at any time and update the code. We are here to deploy and maintain your infrastructure.
- Any language, any framework - Maestro support you with the management of any application, as long as you have a Dockerfile. And if you haven't got a Dockerfile we can analyse your code and help you build one for your application.
- Management of your Kubernetes and application infrastructure.
- Full support for organizations and teams with fine-tuned access control rights.
- An intuitive user interface, API and command-line tool to deploy and manage a container-based infrastructure.
How to get started?
Before you start using Maestro please make sure that you have the following:
- A Cloud 66 Account - If you don’t already have one, sign up for a Cloud 66 account. You’ll get free unlimited access to all products for 4 weeks.
- Application code and/or pre-build images. Application code should be hosted in a (secure) publicly accessible git repository and pre-built images should be hosted in image publicly accessible repositories.
- Cloud account linked to Cloud 66 or your own server set up. Cloud 66 is natively integrated with: AWS, DigitalOcean, GoogleCloud, Microsoft Azure, Linode, Packet, Vultr, Hetzner and OVH.
You can visit our help page with step-by-step guide Getting Started with Maestro, or watch the video below:
Check it out and let us know what you think
If you haven't yet had an opportunity to check out Maestro on ProductHunt, please get involved and let other Product Hunters know what you think.
Case Studies and Testimonials:
This case study features Positive Energy Ltd, a project that simplifies renewable energy finance. It showcases how Positive Energy uses Blockchain, Cloud 66 Kubernetes solutions, and Google Cloud to achieve unbeatable performance. Read more: Blockchain and Kubernetes, the technology behind Positive Energy Ltd.
"Leaving the comfort zone of Heroku for a more "do it yourself" platform was a big decision, but so far, we are pretty happy where we are now." TextMaster case study on their containerised infrastructure setup, with Cloud 66 on AWS and Microsoft Azure. Read more: TextMaster - European leader in online translation powered by Cloud 66.
Steam, the creative digital agency uses Cloud 66 to innovate the process of building polyglot applications and create flexible architectures in support for multiple client projects. Read more: Containerise marketing campaign in production.
Allegorithmic, now part of AdobeIllustrator. Customer since 2015, deploys their application with Cloud 66 Maestro. Read more: Docker in the 3D animation world. Game on!